The Sofia HyperDesk USB RFID Reader is an advanced contactless reader designed to efficiently retrieve the Unique Identifier (UID) numbers of ISO 14443 Parts 1-4 Type A and B-compliant contactless cards. With its seamless integration with the Sofia Luckey software, the HyperDesk streamlines the process of adding RFID cards to access control systems. In this technical article, we will explore the key specifications and functionalities of the HyperDesk USB RFID Reader.
- Product Overview: The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader automatically captures and delivers the UID of any ISO 14443 Parts 1-4 Type A and B-compliant contactless card or tag. Its primary function is to retrieve the UID and transmit it directly to the connected PC. The reader operates without the need for additional software, making it incredibly convenient to use.
- OS Compatibility: The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader is compatible with various operating systems, including:
- Mac OS®
- NFC Compatibility: The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader supports a wide range of NFC compatibility, including:
- ISO/IEC 14443 Type A & B
- NFC Forum types 1-4
- NXP MIFARE Classic®
- NXP MIFARE® DESFire®
- NXP MIFARE Plus®
- NXP Ultralight®
- Interface: The reader features a USB 2.0 Full Speed Interface, allowing for seamless connectivity with computers and other compatible devices. It emulates the USB HID Keyboard Class, eliminating the need for specialized drivers. Additionally, the HyperDesk USB RFID Reader incorporates a built-in anti-collision feature, ensuring only one tag is accessed at any given time.
- Compliance/Certifications: The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader adheres to various compliance standards and certifications, including:
- ISO 14443
- USB HID
- ROhS 2
- Other Details:
- Operating Frequency: 13.56 MHz
- Read Speed: Up to 848 kbps
- Read Distance: Up to 50 mm (depending on Tag’s antenna)
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 50°C
- Operating Humidity: Max. 90% (non-condensing)
- Dimensions: 120.5 x 72 x 20.4 mm
- Weight: 140 grams
- Peripherals: 2 single-color LEDs (red and green), Buzzer
- USB 2.0 Cable: Included for easy connectivity
Operations and Installation
The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader excels at retrieving the UID of contactless cards swiftly and accurately. Its HID-compliant design eliminates the need for driver installation on the computer, ensuring a seamless user experience. The reader incorporates an anti-collision feature, guaranteeing that only one card is accessed, even when multiple cards are presented simultaneously.
The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader can be seamlessly integrated with the Sofia Luckey software, simplifying the process of managing access control. By tapping a contactless card, such as an MIFARE® DESFire® card, on the HyperDesk reader, the UID is automatically retrieved and sent to the connected computer. This streamlined workflow enhances efficiency and reduces manual data entry errors.
Access Rules and Card Management
The Sofia Luckey software enables administrators to create access rules, granting specific permissions to users or groups for designated time periods and smart locks. Card credentials, such as RFID cards or key fobs, can be easily managed within the Luckey Web Application. The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader assists in creating card credentials by retrieving the unique ID (UID) of the card.
To create a card credential, users need to provide essential information, including the card type, card number (UID), notes, authorized user, smart locks, and the desired validity interval. The HyperDesk USB RFID Reader plays a crucial role in retrieving the UID, ensuring accurate identification and seamless integration into the access control system.
The Sofia HyperDesk USB RFID Reader simplifies the process of retrieving the UID of ISO 14443 Type A and B-compliant contactless cards. Its seamless integration with the Sofia Luckey software, broad NFC compatibility, and HID-compliant interface make it an efficient tool for managing access control systems. By automating the UID retrieval process, the HyperDesk USB RFID Reader enhances security, streamlines operations, and reduces manual errors.